Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

XGIMI

Update Functions of the Latest Firmware!!

79 22072
SummerXie SummerXie Suggestion 2016-8-5 17:15
Show all posts Copy link
Go to reply no.
SummerXie
x0

Admin  Author| Post time 2016-12-14 04:42:25 | Show all posts
mhileman replied at 2016-12-1 12:27
The 1.6.0 Firmware is not solving our issues. Are we supposed to get Forcing Brush Packages when ven ...

Hi Sir, So you were saying the Amazon prime is not working because of the Android version is not compatible? However, the Android system is related to hardware so we can't change it, but we can ask Aptoide to lower the version of Amazon prime video so it can work on Aurora. Thanks for your feedback.

Use magic Reply Support Not support Report

SummerXie
x0

Admin  Author| Post time 2016-12-14 04:44:09 | Show all posts
mhileman replied at 2016-12-1 13:18
Since I do not have the ability to create a thread on this forum, the point system might work if I c ...

You can create a thread, and I think you just don't know how to. You need to select the category after you published, for example: Z4 Aurora or H1; software, hardware, or discussion. Yes, sobietech is one of our distributors in UK. Thanks for sharing.

SummerXie
x0

Admin  Author| Post time 2016-12-14 04:53:43 | Show all posts
DVK replied at 2016-12-2 02:19
TRANSIT VIDEO FROM ANDROID TO AURORA Z4.
Even after upgrade software to 1.6.0 version, the function ...

Hi Sir, you meant "mirroring" via Android devices? The Z4 Aurora has installed Happycast, looks like this:So you can open it and connect it with your phone.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

SummerXie
x0

Admin  Author| Post time 2016-12-14 07:53:12 | Show all posts
mhileman replied at 2016-12-2 03:51
It's official; I am taking down my lame @ss Z4 Aurora, XGimi Ceiling Bracket, 3d Glasses x3 (Purchas ...

Hi Sir,

Thanks for writing this long essay and stated all our issues with patience. XGIMI team really appreciate, and thanks for understanding that English is our second language.
I'd like to concluded all points or issue you mentioned.
1. We definitely will take your suggestion that provide a very simple but specific instructions only for installing "Forcing Brush Package," since all upgrade for every mode will be in online updating way in the future. However, we will keep the "Forcing Brush Package" still, just in case some customers want to erase all their downloaded apks but update in the newest version. I'll probably move the download firmware page to forum and in an individual section, rather than in our website. What do you think?
2. In Z4 series, we have two products for international market: Z4 Air and Z4 Aurora. I really have no idea about which you were referring, please be specific. Thanks.
3. We indeed shot a video of basic function for Z4 Aurora, where right below the firmware downloading. There's a FAQ section. However, a smart person like you even couldn't see, I think we really need to remove it to forum as well.

4. By extending the lenths of screws is actually good suggestion, howerver, not everyone like you needs any floor stand/wall/ciling mount. So what should they do with the way longer screws if they only want to place the projector on the table? Also, Z4 Aurora's bottom can be opened to place the SSD. But, for the pargraph of your essay started with "I don't know if my Z4 Aurora was the loan sheep, but it didn't come with any instructions..." I think my Canadian Enligh barely support me to understand your meaning... It's way harder and confused than my Psychology artical. Sorry for my poor Enligh, feel free to correct me if I misunderstand you.
5. Providing instruction for wall mount/floor stand, that's the thing we are about to do, even all installaion website design are all done. But we're waitting for bank confirmation so we can open our own online shopping store. That's our unplanful negligence, as we didn't think anyoue would buy it. So thankful that you're a genius and know how to figure it out.
6. The new version of Floor stand is one the way of producing. It just finished disgining and bring to stream. Oh, one more thing I need to say, we only have one offical store on Amazon and we never sell floor stand ever, because we know it's heavy and not well designed, we don't want our customers to pay for such high shipping fee to buy those  unuseful thing. Where did you get it again?
7. Why you really need to force brush your Z4 Aurora? There's online update option. What you understand of "Force Brush Package" is wrong, it will erase all of downloaded apks, but your system will remain in the newest version.

Anything else? BTW, my name is Xie, thanks.

x

artsemstones
x0

Lv1 Post time 2016-12-16 23:30:12 | Show all posts
SummerXie replied at 2016-12-14 07:53
Hi Sir,

Thanks for writing this long essay and stated all our issues with patience. XGIMI team re ...

Hello

So you want to tell me that I just bought my Xgimi Aurora z4 2 months ago and now it just becomes a piece of old hardware that I can't update android version on?

I can't even use YouTube there and other apps there anymore. Instead of a smart thing that can do everything, I get an ordinary TV and I have to buy some extra gadgets(that can run a proper android) to make it smart again?

Don't waste money for this device with this kind of support

SummerXie
x0

Admin  Author| Post time 2016-12-17 03:31:25 | Show all posts
artsemstones replied at 2016-12-16 23:30
Hello

So you want to tell me that I just bought my Xgimi Aurora z4 2 months ago and now it just b ...

Sorry sir, what was your issue?
I went back and didn't see anything about you.
Could you explain what happened? Also, what's the firmware are your Z4 Aurora currently using?
Z4 Aurora works perfectly, and why can't use at all?!

he_stheone64
x0

Lv1 Post time 2016-12-19 02:24:09 | Show all posts
SummerXie replied at 2016-12-17 03:31
Sorry sir, what was your issue?
I went back and didn't see anything about you.
Could you explain w ...

It`s obvious the device does not work as advertised. Right now we have to use an external source like a Laptop or Smartphone to stream content as opposed to streaming right from Xgimi wthout additional input sources. Reason is simple - most current media apps like YouTube, Amazon Prime, Kodi 17 do not run on Android 4.x. You sold us a wrong promise and could have got the same quality for a fraction of the price knowing, that the smart piece (software) is actually dumb (4.3) and we still need external devices.

davidex
x0

Lv1 Post time 2016-12-19 23:24:50 | Show all posts
Hi, DO NOT UPGRADE TO FIRMWARE 1.6, BECAUSE YOUTUBE WILL STOP WORKING !
Every Z4 Users should wait for a v1.7 firmware upgrade which solves this critical issue !

cheikh
x0

Lv1 Post time 2016-12-29 16:17:37 | Show all posts
I am using XGIMI Z4X any chance to have an English version on it as I dont speak Chinese? In addition I am having difficulties to use airplay for videos on my Iphone

johnkayode2018
x0

Lv1 Post time 2018-4-28 19:59:24 | Show all posts
I have done update like a million times and it still fails...
Look at the screens below:
I tried FAT32 usb disk and copied the GIMI_NAPOLI_Z4XP_EN_WP.bin file on the root directory from the support page but it still says "NO UPDATE FILE DETECTED".
I also tried the online update like a thousand times but it shows the android error screen below:

I dont know what I have to do next....I am still on the v1.1.2

x

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

© 2012-2015 xgimi.com XGIMI |Archiver|小黑屋 Email: service@xgimi.com