Our uncoming upgrade firmware finanly has PC Assistance of Displaying on One Screen function. After installed this PC application program, users can look documents, pictures, watch videos, play games, and do etc things. on the Z4 Aurora through PC Assisstance.
Hope to see more improvements on the PC assistant. I tried using it for gaming on the PC.
At first it seemed promising, when using the mouse on Z4, the response time to desktop is very fast. However, when running a game, it became a bad experience very fast.
A few issues:
- There's no way to launch the PC Assistant from the Z4 itself. How about having an app or shortcut to connect to PC?
- Desktop resolution will change to 1280x800, which is horrible resolution for gaming.
- Apart from resolution, the framerate for gaming is very bad, maybe 15FPS. Game runs smooth on Desktop, only stuttering on Z4.
- There's no explanation what is "Fluent mode" vs "Display mode"
1. PC Assistant is just a function that we built-in to our products, is not what we invented. So we could't invent an apk in our Z4 Aurora. It actually is an apk on your computer. I don't understand why it's not convenient enough for you.
2. Again, PC Assistant is designed for some static actions, such as ppt display or etc rather than playing game. Also, your computer absolutely will be changed to the projector's resolution. No way to fix them
I was hoping that it would be suitable for gaming as you did mention "users can look documents, pictures, watch videos, play games, and do etc things. on the Z4 Aurora through PC Assisstance" in your first post.
The reason I suggested to a way to "connect to PC" from the Z4 is because my computer is in another room, and sometimes it's not convenient for me to go into the computer room if there are guests in that room, when I need to connect to the Z4.
Hi I have installed the PC assistant. I am able to see an XGIMI product, and I click connect, it connects. What do I do next for the laptop screen to appear on on the projector. I have an XGIMI Z4 Aurora.