Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

XGIMI

Aurora Z4 not powering up from stand-by (via remote or top disk)

9 5871
gnunn gnunn Suggestion 2017-8-14 18:41
Show all posts Copy link
Go to reply no.
gnunn
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-8-14 18:41:06 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by gnunn at 2017-9-20 17:40

NB - I have retrospectively changed the title of this thread to better describe the actual problem following various testing steps - The solution is detailed in my post from 20th September 2017.

Ok, I've emailed support and had nothing back, so I'm trying here...

The remote for my Z4 will not turn the projector on anymore, unless I first turn the projector's power off at the wall, wait for the blue light to come on and go off, turn it back on at the wall and then push power whilst the blue light on the projector is on... then it works while the projector is in use!  But as soon as I put it into standby, it stops working again.

It's like it unsyncs every single time I power down the projector.

I've made sure it's fully charged, resynced it, plugged it into the USB port, and even factory reset the projector, but the issue persists.

Anyone had anything similar, or know what this might be?

Also, is there a way to turn the projector on and off without the remote?  I cannot figure it out if there is!!

Final question, does anyone know of any third party remotes that will allow full control of the projector?

Thanks in advance.

GN

Use magic Report

9条回复
refdaddy
x0

Lv3 Post time 2017-8-15 01:32:37 | Show all posts
Have you reset the actual remote?  Look for tiny hole on bottom, insert paper clip til it clicks and lights flash.

As far as turning on/off power, touch the center portion of top plate

You can try app named slp assistant from google app store and apple app store.  Effectively duplicates every remote command EXCEPT turning it on!!!

Use magic Reply Support Not support Report

gnunn
x0

Lv1  Author| Post time 2017-8-19 02:37:22 | Show all posts
Tried everything. Still doesn't work. Remote will work, once it's on, but it doesn't turn on the projector unless it's turned off at the wall first.

Also, touching the plate doesn't turn it on either.

xgimiguru
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-8-20 13:09:26 | Show all posts
Edited by xgimiguru at 2017-8-20 13:10

You may have a loose ribbon cable connector that connects the sensor circuit board under the round insert under the top cover to the main board.  Unless you are a hard core tinkerer with mad skillz I would suggest leaving it alone.

Are you running wifi or ethernet?  Wifi antennas also route thru that ribbon cable.

Of course, you should take my advice with a grain of salt as, according to some of the whiners on this board, I am totally ignorant on matters about Xgimi

gnunn
x0

Lv1  Author| Post time 2017-8-30 18:15:06 | Show all posts
xgimiguru replied at 2017-8-20 13:09
You may have a loose ribbon cable connector that connects the sensor circuit board under the round i ...

Thanks for your advice... I am not a serious tinkerer though, so I will be leaving that well alone.

I emailed support about this a couple of months ago, but never heard back, is this normal for Xgimi?

At this rate I'm going to have to replace the unit, which would be a shame as I love it, but its 12 month warranty has probably lapsed in the time they've taken to not respond, so I am really unhappy with the level of support they're offering.

Sadly, this could be my first and last dalliance with Xgimi products.

gnunn
x0

Lv1  Author| Post time 2017-8-30 18:22:08 | Show all posts
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Just to clarify in case anyone else has any bright ideas, I am now certain that this is not an issue with the remote, as the plate on top of the unit also doesn't work without the projector being turned off at the wall first.

I believe this is a more serious issue with the unit itself.  I am hoping that someone from Support will respond to one of my numerous emails before too long, but I'm afraid that the unit is not very well.

thorwm
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-8-31 05:31:33 | Show all posts
Not sure if this will help but you can try this method which works for me:
1. Turn off the power to the Z4.
2. Close the lens cover.
3. Turn on the Z4 and wait for the blue power light to go off
4. Open the lens cover.

This should then start the boot cycle with the projector light coming on - wait for a few seconds for this to occur.  

5. After the main menu displays, the upper right hand corner will probably display an X - this is the indicator for connection to your remote.
6. Press any button on the remote.  
7. Give it a second or two and then the x should be replaced with an icon for the remote to indicate it's connected.  The buttons should then work as normal.

If the remote still isn't detected then try pairing the remote to your projector as you have done previously.

I hope this works for you!

gnunn
x0

Lv1  Author| Post time 2017-8-31 15:56:04 | Show all posts
thorwm replied at 2017-8-31 05:31
Not sure if this will help but you can try this method which works for me:
1. Turn off the power to  ...

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've now ruled out the chance of this being an issue with the remote.  It's not possible to turn the unit on at all, with or without the remote, without this very convoluted process:

1. Turn off the power
2. Wait for the blue light on the unit to briefly turn on (this can take 5-10 seconds AFTER the power socket it off)
3. Turn the power back on
4. Whilst the blue light is still lit on the unit HOLD the power button either on the remote or the unit itself.

This process has about a one in three success rate... which is frustrating!

Once I'm done and put the unit into standby, I have to go through this whole rigmarole again each time I want to turn it back on (which is at least twice a day usually).

gnunn
x0

Lv1  Author| Post time 2017-9-20 17:24:11 | Show all posts
Just to put this to bed, after finally hearing back from Xgimi support, the recommendations were; pay to send it back to China, or try a different power supply... with the caveat that if I sent it back and it turned out to be the power supply I'd have to buy another power supply anyway.

So, the less costly approach was to buy the power supply first, which I am happy to report seems to have done the trick!

For anyone in the UK that experiences this issue, I bought the spare power supply from here: http://www.dhinnovation.co.uk/in ... &product_id=73.  It's a smaller unit than came with my launch projector, but seems to be an official Xgimi product, specifically designed for the Z4.

Hope this helps someone quicker that I managed to get help from Xgimi!

anovitsky
x0

Lv1 Post time 2019-5-10 20:10:01 | Show all posts
gnunn replied at 2017-9-20 17:24
Just to put this to bed, after finally hearing back from Xgimi support, the recommendations were; pa ...

Hello gnunn,

Thank you for your post!

Did you fix it? I have the same problem..

Maybe somebody suggests a shop with the power supply?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

© 2012-2019 xgimi.com XGIMI |Archiver|小黑屋 Email: service@xgimi.com