33 11787
rocklee rocklee 2017-5-5 05:53
Show all posts Copy link
Go to reply no.
rocklee
x0

Moderator Post time 2017-5-5 05:53:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by rocklee at 2017-7-8 11:34

I'm surprised this hasn't been created yet since last year but here it is.  Could be useful for current and future users.  Feel free to add more information, hints and tips for the H1 here.

FOLLOWING ARE THE SPECS AND DESCRIPTION FROM XGIMI:

What features are available?      
True 1080p projection quality, 300'' display capability, 3D support, 2D-to-3D functionality, optical zoom function, bluetooth speaker, 35˚ (vertical) and 30˚ (horizontal) keystone correction, Android operating system, streaming ability, plus a bluetooth remote control with an embedded gravity sensor cursor.

What is the uniqueness of the technology?        
Unlike a traditional LCD projector, H1 uses LED technology. The lifetime of an LED bulb is much longer and is far less likely to overheat than a typical projector bulb. H1 is much smaller and more portable than a traditional projector. Compared to standard Pico projectors that only support 1080p, H1 projects true 1080p physical resolution. H1 also has a higher lumen count than most Pico projectors. H1’s 3D functionality and its vertical and horizontal keystone correction capabilities are more advanced than any other product in this market.

Will there be updates to H1 in the future?      
Yes - the Android OS will continue to optimize and update over time.

How does H1 integrate with other connected devices?        
Other devices (smartphone, PC, tablet, laptop) can be connected to H1 with mirror display. TV boxes and gaming consoles can be connected through H1’s HDMI port. Hard drives and thumb drives can be connected through H1’s USB ports.

Does H1 have an app? Which phones does it work with?        
We have an app (XGIMI Assistant) to control and manage apps on H1. This app is compatible with iOS, and Android.

How does H1 connect to the XGIMI Assistant app?        
The device and H1 must be connected to the same wifi network, then connected via the XGIMI Assistant app.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

[B]OPTICAL PARAMETERS[/B]
Product Classification:XGIMI H1 Home Projector
Display Technique:0.47"DMD RGB-LED
Lens:High light transmission coated lens
Speciality:3D
Luminance (Brightness):900 Ansi Lumens
Luminance uniformity:98%
Color gamut: more than 120%NTSC
Contrast:10000:1
Standard resolution:Full HD (1920×1080)
Compatible resolution: 2K / 4K

[B]PROJECTION PARAMETERS[/B]
Projection ratio:1.39 - 1.5 :1
Optical zoom:1.1x
Off-axis:100%
Keystone correction:Vertical: +-35 degree, horizontal: +-30 degree
Projection method:Forward/backward/hang from ceiling

[B]SYSTEM PARAMETERS[/B]
CPU:Mstar 6A928 Cortex-A17 Quadcore 1.7GHz
GPU:Mali-760MP4
RAM:3GB DDR3
Storage:16GB eMMC
System:GUMI base on Android 5.1.1
Mirroring Display:Airplay/DLNA/Miracast

[B]Input / Output[/B]

3.5mm speaker jack
USB 2.0
USB 3.0
Optical fiber port
Ethernet port
Power jack
HDMI 1
HDMI 2/ARC

[B]ELECTRICAL PARAMETERS[/B]
Noise: less than 30Db
Power dissipation:80-130W
Power:AC100-240V, 50/60Hz

[B]CONNECTIVITY[/B]
WiFi:Duo 2.4/5GHz, 802.11a / b / g / n / ac
Bluetooth:4.0 BLE

[B][SIZE="5"]PROJECTION SIZE:[/SIZE][/B]

Specs, reviews and known issues will continue to be updated here:

YOUTUBE AND ONLINE REVIEWS:

* One of the earliest review of the H1 (SOURCE: fanboynation). It's only 30 seconds but his writeup can be found here:
link

* A user's take on setting up the H1 (SOURCE: curious george): link

* Test of the Harman/Kardon speakers:  link

* "H1 Actual Image Projection" - This was one of the earliest preview of the H1. link

* One month of using the H1 (LAURENT WILLEN). link

* H1 - The king of LED projectors (Gadget Vu). This is one of the best review of the H1 with everything from unboxing, picture and sound tests, comparison to the XGIMI Z4 and the LG PF1000.  It's in Russian but you can turn on the English subtitles. link

UNOFFICIAL TESTING:

* H1 lumen test from a comparison with another projector (X1 - source is here and here):

IN THE MEDIA:

TIPS AND GUIDELINES:

I don't know how to link youtube videos without embedding them, so open up a new tab in your browser and enter the URL youtube.com and then "/watch?v=..." after it.  You can then see the video.

* XGIMI has youtube videos for support (/watch?v=wsYLWJlxULw).

* Curious George has a step by step on setting up on youtube (/watch?v=bjrgRAnNbTw)

* Sobietech has a support section for the H1 on their website with plenty of documentation.

* Sobietech has a tutorial video about Google Play Access and Kodi (/watch?v=fy0TVbRQzfk)

* Sobietech has a tutorial video about using the Soft Keyboard for Text Input (/watch?v=eELgbUuRpEw&t=160s)

* BvukaGames has an interesting take on setting up the position of the H1 (/watch?v=hnQpQPJ6XA8).  It's in Russian so use auto-translate->English to get some idea of what is being said.

* Wireless keyboard and mouse via USB works flawlessly, I would assume that a gaming pad would work too.

[B][SIZE="5"]KNOWN ISSUES:[/SIZE][/B]

* Netflix is currently only supported in 720p resolution, however someone may have found a software hack to enable a higher resolution here:

* Google Play was not available out of the box (XGIMI using a different app called APTOiDE which is similar), but this guy may have found a way:
https://youtu.be/czvBuX_56ww?t=823

* It cannot read Apple formatted storage devices so you will need to format them to exFAT, FAT or NTFS. Credit to Bap.

* Currently cannot read from an external blueray/DVD drive, USB/SDD/HDD drives should be no problem.

* Remote has a built-in microphone but it doesn't work for the international version of the H1 (only for the domestic version).  This is software/firmware matter so it will depend on the company or the mod community (ie. XDA) to to try to get this to work.

* If you're using the Youtube app in the H1 you'll have access to 1080p resolution provided that the video is already available in that format, however it is possible to try 2K or 4K streaming if you use the web browser.  The performance however is dependent on your internet/network speed, if they're not fast then you'll just see a lot of lagging.  

Use magic Report

33条回复
rocklee
x0

Moderator  Author| Post time 2017-5-13 05:34:18 | Show all posts
Please use this thread to contribute hints and tips for all H1 owners, however:

Hacks and illegal software are not encouraged and are at your own risks.  There is a reason why most companies (if not all) block software/boot access to prevent mismanagement as doing so may cause unintentional problems and void your warranty.

Also, I would not advise buying from any sellers that claim to sell "enhanced/hacked" XGIMI H1 projectors at "premium" prices, especially if they have no history, actual store or online credibility. These flyby sellers can come and go at any time and leave you with a messed up H1.  

Use magic Reply Support 2 Not support 0 Report

alcides4
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-12-30 09:03:09 | Show all posts
Hi I'm from Argentina just bought the h1 aurora... update and this message pops up every 5 seconds what should i do¡¡??
¨this product is not a XGIMI official international version product, so the international firmware is not proper functioning I'm desperate

Use magic Reply Support 1 Not support 0 Report

mat_oli
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-6-20 04:20:22 | Show all posts
rocklee replied at 2017-6-18 08:56
Since this thread I've made the following progress with my H1:

- Voice control on the remote works! ...

nice!! how do you get voice control working, and what can you do with it? Are you able to play specific TV shows/movies in Kodi?

ertai
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-6-23 01:34:18 | Show all posts
Hello summer,any word on the release date for current H1 firmware,? We all have been waiting for some great news!

archer
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-5-17 01:18:20 | Show all posts
ty for this info

rocklee
x0

Moderator  Author| Post time 2017-6-18 08:56:54 | Show all posts
Since this thread I've made the following progress with my H1:

- Voice control on the remote works!  You need Google Now and enable Google voice in the settings
- Launchers work well but you will need a mouse, the advantage of custom launchers is that you can see more icons on the screen as well as other information like weather details and widgets

eloi
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-9-20 05:28:00 | Show all posts
Hi,
I just got my H1-Aurora projector bought on Amazon. It was specified that it was an international version and actually when I received it it worked (I'm located in France). But as soon as the update was made (1.3.1) a warning message keeps me from continuing. Can you tell me whether it is possible to say from the serial number whether it is an international version? My serial start like this CG28HXXXXXXX
I just want to continue using this projector so what should I do ?
Thanks for you help.
E.

SummerXie
x0

Admin Post time 2017-6-23 09:36:08 | Show all posts
ertai replied at 2017-6-23 01:34
Hello summer,any word on the release date for current H1 firmware,? We all have been waiting for som ...

Hi ertai,

H1's new firmware is in testing process now, and hopefully it doesn't have so much bugs so it can be releasing soon. The estimate date of releasing the new firmware will be around June 29-July 7.
Thanks

Use magic Reply Support Not support Report

SummerXie
x0

Admin Post time 2017-6-23 09:36:09 | Show all posts
ertai replied at 2017-6-23 01:34
Hello summer,any word on the release date for current H1 firmware,? We all have been waiting for som ...

Hi ertai,

H1's new firmware is in testing process now, and hopefully it doesn't have so much bugs so it can be releasing soon. The estimate date of releasing the new firmware will be around June 29-July 7.
Thanks

ertai
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-6-24 02:31:02 | Show all posts
thanks summer!

Muzamil
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-9-6 20:15:42 | Show all posts
Hi...  Please help..  Miracast of h1 not connecting with my phone or hp laptop..  Tried a lot but failed...very rearly  h1 finds my laptop and even laptop finds h1 but does not connect..  Please help if u can..

1234Next
Return to list
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

© 2012-2015 xgimi.com XGIMI |Archiver|小黑屋 Email: service@xgimi.com