About to buy, any experience with this source

6 634
refdaddy refdaddy 2017-4-19 05:35
Show all posts Copy link
Go to reply no.
refdaddy
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-4-19 05:35:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
Found this US based outfit on Ebay who offers international shipping thru Ebay's Global Shipping Program.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/26293183 ... d=p3984.m1558.l2649

Any idea what is involved with the 'enhanced' version?.  

Seems like some features not offered on stock Xgimi product

Use magic Report

6条回复
rocklee
x0

Moderator Post time 2017-4-19 17:51:31 | Show all posts
If it's a dealer that's approved by XGIMI then go for it, if not then avoid it.  I've been on most forums that discusses the XGIMI and I have not seen anything about hacks or special access to features that we all don't know about.

Use magic Reply Support Not support Report

mani_here
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-4-21 07:43:36 | Show all posts
https://xgimi.myshopify.com/prod ... ndroid-home-theater

I have got mine through these guys pretty awesome in support through Email or Facebook Messenger
Item received 7 days after i placed my order - Am based in Auckland - New Zealand.
Look for XGIMIProjectors in FB

refdaddy
x0

Lv2  Author| Post time 2017-4-22 02:47:50 | Show all posts
mani_here replied at 2017-4-21 07:43
https://xgimi.myshopify.com/products/xgimi-h1-4k-projector-300-inch-full-hd-1080p-3d-3gb-16gb-androi ...

That looks like the factory stock version.

Where is Google Play Store, root access and many additional functions possible from Ebay seller I mentioned above?

My nephew has one on the way.  2 day shipping to USA

mani_here
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-4-22 06:44:34 | Show all posts
Great!
Unsure of root access - have minimal knowledge on them
But I followed YouTube video advises & installed KODI - downloaded Android play store & multiple applications through Kodi Android
I believe I read somewhere in forum quoting Google restrict on some countries on having it in main area but this workaround way still keeps me going!

xgimiguru
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-4-22 12:55:09 | Show all posts
mani_here replied at 2017-4-22 06:44
Great!
Unsure of root access - have minimal knowledge on them
But I followed YouTube video advises & ...

There is no way to install Google Play Store on a stock Xgimi H1.  Root access is required for installing Google Play store, and a lot of other tricks.

refdaddy
x0

Lv2  Author| Post time 2017-5-7 12:07:55 | Show all posts
Edited by refdaddy at 2017-5-7 12:09
refdaddy replied at 2017-4-22 02:47
That looks like the factory stock version.

Where is Google Play Store, root access and many addit ...

Just wanted to give an update.  My nephew ordered one H1 from Ebay seller and received it a few weeks back.  Arrived 3 days after ordering.  

Comparing to my H1, it looks like it has more refined color nuance and slightly brighter.  Bass seems to be improved compared to mine. Hard to believe these are the exact same projectors.  Obviously seller knows how to fully tweak this device.

Biggest software difference is it has access to a legit Google Play store and it can install apps that only work with rooted devices.  Love using Titanium backup and various ad blockers.  It came with a custom version of Kodi called SPMC, with a full suit of video addons for current movies and shows.  All major sporting events are also accessible, even normally blacked out games for our home team.

Got the option for using tuner so we can watch free live broadcast TV from our antenna.  Nothing is better than full 1080 HD tv shows that are not affected by compression.

According to the seller, he offers the upgrade package that will work with existing H1 projectors.  I just got finished installing the upgrade on my H1 so I am no longer jealous of my nephew.  Will probably go for the tuner package as soon as I get a decent TV antenna.

Available on US Ebay site.  Auction #262931832968

Hit me up with any questions

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

© 2012-2015 xgimi.com XGIMI |Archiver|小黑屋 Email: service@xgimi.com