6 965
archer archer 2017-2-18 10:38
Show all posts Copy link
Go to reply no.
archer
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-2-18 10:38:59 | Show all posts |Read mode
hi,

I am currently base in HK and is planning in getting the H1. Can you please clarify the difference of the chinese and international version as I tried asking a shop and price differnce is way apart?

Also, is the international version include Google playstore?

Thanks!

Use magic Report

6条回复
rocklee
x0

版主 Post time 2017-2-25 07:14:30 | Show all posts
The shop should be able to give you all this information since they already have the products there!

Chinese version = No English menu, may be the Aurora version which has more lumens (1000) and contrast but is at a higher price

International version - English menu, 900 lumens

Use magic Reply Support Not support Report

refdaddy
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-2-26 03:38:05 | Show all posts
Chinese domestic version lacks internet web browser, access to app market, and most video apps use streaming sources that are geo-blocked, meaning you may only connect while inside PRC.  Because no web market, you cannot install any extra apps.  Naturally, you have a user interface that is totally in Chinese.
If you have good hacker skills, you may be able to overcome some of these limitations.

Given the chance, go for the international version which offers significantly greater freedom and flexibility, without the headaches.

archer
x0

Lv1  Author| Post time 2017-3-4 09:44:25 | Show all posts
rocklee replied at 2017-2-25 07:14
The shop should be able to give you all this information since they already have the products there! ...

Unfortunately, due to language barrier I can barely communicate with the the staff. The one they have on display is chinese version. I requested to have the International ver which is way more expensive than the chinese ver. But i guess it's worth it as its very frustrating to use my phone to translate every setting that I do not understand.

archer
x0

Lv1  Author| Post time 2017-3-4 09:46:05 | Show all posts
refdaddy replied at 2017-2-26 03:38
Chinese domestic version lacks internet web browser, access to app market, and most video apps use s ...

True. Unless you can read chinese, it will be frustrating to navigate the settings. I can consider myself a little techy but I guess it will not be worth the effort when all I want is to watch and enjoy this piece of gadget

rocklee
x0

版主 Post time 2017-3-26 05:51:47 | Show all posts
archer replied at 2017-3-4 09:44
Unfortunately, due to language barrier I can barely communicate with the the staff. The one they h ...

I understand your frustration completely as it has been the same with some of the Japanese stuff that I have (only Japanese and no chance of conversion to English).  As with most shop people, they just sell products, we can't expect them to be experts so it's fruitless sometimes to take out our frustrations on them.  

I am interested in buying another H1 (Aurora version) but then I'll probably wait to see what H2 is going to be like.  I would like to see the challenges of the chinese version and find out if there is any way possible to use an alternative software skin over the current one (kind of like an OS mod that runs over Android to look like it is running iOS).  

shady333
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-4-18 17:09:04 | Show all posts
Hi Colleagues,

I have a Chinese version of XGIMI CC.
And here some solutions from my side:
1. No Google Store/Market: you can download aptoide application, and install all needed stuff from there
2. Chinese interface: there's an application which can help to translate interface partially to another language (English/Russian)
3. No WebBroser: install Chrome, for example, from aptoide store

That all works for CC version and I'm sure that will work for H1.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

© 2012-2015 xgimi.com XGIMI |Archiver|小黑屋 Email: service@xgimi.com