x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-2-28 19:51:17 | Show all posts
Strange. Even I got for $779 From Ali express

Use magic Reply Support Not support Report

rocklee
x0

版主 Post time 2017-3-1 05:37:28 | Show all posts
JamesK replied at 2017-2-28 07:52
This is the exact opposite of what I said, I read the reviews online and noticed I could buy it fr ...

What? You bought a Chinese version so what did you expect?

Like I said, if you buy a grey import from Japan don't expect it to be offered in English.  Same thing for most things coming out of Asia.

Use magic Reply Support 2 Not support 0 Report

JamesK
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-3-1 07:21:16 | Show all posts
rocklee replied at 2017-3-1 05:37
What? You bought a Chinese version so what did you expect?

Like I said, if you buy a grey import  ...

What part of I live in China don't you understand? I'm guessing English is not your first language....

zabak
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-3-1 08:14:29 | Show all posts
Edited by zabak at 2017-3-1 08:20

Interesting to know whether Chinese firmware has different firmware number or same as international??

Are Chinese firmware is built first , deployed and then later  international updates take place ??

Any one received any firmware update for Xgimi H1 yet ?

Getting English firmware links are very important for international customer too in case they need to re flash firmware in case of issues.

rocklee
x0

版主 Post time 2017-3-1 17:20:08 | Show all posts
JamesK replied at 2017-3-1 07:21
What part of I live in China don't you understand? I'm guessing English is not your first language ...

Are you here to be a dickhead or do you need help?

How many times do I need to tell you, you bought a Chinese version so deal with it in Chinese.

Otherwise, STFU.

rocklee
x0

版主 Post time 2017-3-1 17:39:12 | Show all posts
zabak replied at 2017-3-1 08:14
Interesting to know whether Chinese firmware has different firmware number or same as international? ...

The chinese version was created first, then the international one on indiegogo, and then from independent sellers who may be selling either the Chinese or English versions.  It is the BUYERS' responsibility to deal with whatever they end up buying.  My car's Multi-Functional Display/navigation is in Japanese, even though it's sold in so many different countries around the world in different languages, the company will not send me a firmware to update it to English/multiple languages.  The only way that I can change it is to buy another MFD ($2899).  I don't think the H1 is going to be that difficult and expensive, but it will take some working around and creativity.

As for firmware, if you have the international version, then wait for XGIMI to post official firmwares on their website.  That would be the best and safest way.  Unless there is a known issue that everyone is getting then I wouldn't worry about anything.

Use magic Reply Support 1 Not support 0 Report

JamesK
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-3-2 19:45:07 | Show all posts
Edited by JamesK at 2017-3-2 23:02
rocklee replied at 2017-3-1 17:20
Are you here to be a dickhead or do you need help?

How many times do I need to tell you, you bough ...

Awww did i hurt your poor little fragile feelings? The only person being a dickhead here is you.

refdaddy
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-3-3 07:34:13 | Show all posts
JamesK replied at 2017-2-25 18:04
Unfortunately I also have the Chinese version, I didn't realise there was a difference! XGIMI, pleas ...

Xgimi has made a conscious effort to preclude the use of the presently non-existant H1 international firmware on a Chinese domestic model.

I can say from past experience that if and when such a file is made available on this support website it will create havoc and chaos if you try to use it on your Chinese version.

Even with these misgivings, I must give Xgimi props for providing consistent and timely updates to firmware for their entire product line, even for their initial product introduced in 2014.

As an aside, you should mind your manners and stop the personal attacks toward other forum members.

JamesK
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-3-3 10:53:50 | Show all posts
Edited by JamesK at 2017-3-3 11:01
refdaddy replied at 2017-3-3 07:34
Xgimi has made a conscious effort to preclude the use of the presently non-existant H1 internation ...

I had the pleasure yesterday to compare a Chinese version with an international version, as far as I can tell the only difference is the prefix of the serial number (Chinese starts with CH (or CN, forgot) and International is different) everything else is the same right down to the model number. I think it's obvious that they are the exact same product just different customizations of Android. I would be ok with this if it was their own OS but it's not they are using an Open Source code OS and hacking it to artificially limit it, that's what is really grinding my gears, I like to support companies that support good business practices but all the development for the International version was already there, they didn't include Googles GApps so they didn't have to pay additional royalties on the "International" version as far as the OS is considered. It COULD have been sold as a single unit allowing different language options and configurations based on region as the International one does since its already built into the OS, my quick analysis of the China versions shows how much the Android OS has been hacked and components removed for not other reason than to restrict the capability of an Open Source OS, right down to limiting what Apps can be Sideloaded!! (Not sure if this is a whitelist/blacklist limitation or something else but I'll find out soon enough as I already bypassed it. Anyway. I have no doubt when I figure out how to clone the Firmware I will be able to move it to the China version. Also I have a sneaking suspicion that the China version sends an abnormal amount of Data to China, I'm not sure for what but my homelab network monitoring tools were shouting bloody murder. I'll look into this further when I have time, if anyone wants's to collaborate PM me (Will probably start a thread in XDA).

Your last point is valid. Will keep personal attacks out of this.

Use magic Reply Support 2 Not support 0 Report

drevo6
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-3-3 18:47:51 | Show all posts
On the international and Chinese version is one and the same firmware as the difference is that in the international version is activated to support other languages and in China there. The Russian was able to activate this feature. But there must be very careful otherwise you may damage the device ..

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

© 2012-2015 xgimi.com XGIMI |Archiver|小黑屋 Email: service@xgimi.com