H1 English Firmware

46 6778
nothinrandom nothinrandom 2016-12-31 13:57
Show all posts Copy link
Go to reply no.
nothinrandom
x0

Lv1 Post time 2016-12-31 13:57:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
So I've just bought this thing on Amazon, but it comes with the Chinese firmware. When can I expect to have the English version? I would like install NetFlix  and other Adroid applications onto this device. Thanks

Use magic Report

46条回复
SummerXie
x0

Admin Post time 2017-3-17 15:46:24 | Show all posts
Okay, I am going to respond the below questions.
1. Why do XGIMI products differential same products in two international and Chinese versions?
Because 1). Chinese version and international version products have different content resources. We haven't gotten Chinese version's content resources authorization to use it in overseas, and some certain region has limitations of using their content resources. Therefore, we need to develop international firmware to satisfy international users.
2). The international firmware not only changed Chinese only to muliti-languages, it also installed Youtube, web browser, Android store-Aptoide, and etc functions; which Chinese version doesn't have.

2. Why I can't change H1 and Z4 Aurora's Chinese firmware to International firmware but Z4 Air can do?
1). Because we blocked it ON PURPOSE.
2.) Someone revealed the firmware of Z4 Air and now Z4 Air is already stop production.

3. Why can't sell or use Chinese version products out of China? Why exchange firmware is not allowed?
1). Our Chinese products do not have any secure identifications, such as CE, FCC, and etc; so it's illegal to sell Chinese products to overseas market.
2). it's unsafe to use it because of electronic pressure because of power source specification difference.
3). I understand that some of customers are in a special situation, such as, your Chinese friends send to you one XGIMI projecotr as a gift, or you are in China and bought it in a retail store. I am sincerely apologize to these customers and we couldn't help with it. Sorry

Last but not the least: Please don't buy H1 from LiveTV Direct on Amazon, because we never authorized any retailer on Amazon to sell our products. A lot of customers reporeted that he is selling Chinese version products instead of international version. We have reported to Amazon customer service for tons of times, however, he is not selling any defective products, so Amazon doesn't accept our report. Anyone bought from him and if you meet any troubles, we really can't provide any after-sales support. Sorry about that. Thanks.

Use magic Reply Support 2 Not support 0 Report

rocklee
x0

Moderator Post time 2017-3-1 05:37:28 | Show all posts
JamesK replied at 2017-2-28 07:52
This is the exact opposite of what I said, I read the reviews online and noticed I could buy it fr ...

What? You bought a Chinese version so what did you expect?

Like I said, if you buy a grey import from Japan don't expect it to be offered in English.  Same thing for most things coming out of Asia.

JamesK
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-3-3 10:53:50 | Show all posts
Edited by JamesK at 2017-3-3 11:01
refdaddy replied at 2017-3-3 07:34
Xgimi has made a conscious effort to preclude the use of the presently non-existant H1 internation ...

I had the pleasure yesterday to compare a Chinese version with an international version, as far as I can tell the only difference is the prefix of the serial number (Chinese starts with CH (or CN, forgot) and International is different) everything else is the same right down to the model number. I think it's obvious that they are the exact same product just different customizations of Android. I would be ok with this if it was their own OS but it's not they are using an Open Source code OS and hacking it to artificially limit it, that's what is really grinding my gears, I like to support companies that support good business practices but all the development for the International version was already there, they didn't include Googles GApps so they didn't have to pay additional royalties on the "International" version as far as the OS is considered. It COULD have been sold as a single unit allowing different language options and configurations based on region as the International one does since its already built into the OS, my quick analysis of the China versions shows how much the Android OS has been hacked and components removed for not other reason than to restrict the capability of an Open Source OS, right down to limiting what Apps can be Sideloaded!! (Not sure if this is a whitelist/blacklist limitation or something else but I'll find out soon enough as I already bypassed it. Anyway. I have no doubt when I figure out how to clone the Firmware I will be able to move it to the China version. Also I have a sneaking suspicion that the China version sends an abnormal amount of Data to China, I'm not sure for what but my homelab network monitoring tools were shouting bloody murder. I'll look into this further when I have time, if anyone wants's to collaborate PM me (Will probably start a thread in XDA).

Your last point is valid. Will keep personal attacks out of this.

rocklee
x0

Moderator Post time 2017-3-26 06:06:22 | Show all posts
SummerXie replied at 2017-3-17 15:46
Okay, I am going to respond the below questions.
1. Why do XGIMI products differential same produc ...

Thanks Summer.  I understand it is a risk to buy the Chinese version overseas with no warranties or international coverage.  It was the same buying Japanese products.  What is XGIMI's plan going forward?  Was the H1 successful enough to develop the H2 etc?  I hope you guys can bring out that 4K ultra short throw projector at a good price

Use magic Reply Support 1 Not support 0 Report

Gundee
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-7-11 13:18:16 | Show all posts
refdaddy replied at 2017-4-19 05:09
PM me, I have a solution for all your Xgimi troubles

I've pmed you. please reply. tq

rocklee
x0

Moderator Post time 2017-3-1 17:39:12 | Show all posts
zabak replied at 2017-3-1 08:14
Interesting to know whether Chinese firmware has different firmware number or same as international? ...

The chinese version was created first, then the international one on indiegogo, and then from independent sellers who may be selling either the Chinese or English versions.  It is the BUYERS' responsibility to deal with whatever they end up buying.  My car's Multi-Functional Display/navigation is in Japanese, even though it's sold in so many different countries around the world in different languages, the company will not send me a firmware to update it to English/multiple languages.  The only way that I can change it is to buy another MFD ($2899).  I don't think the H1 is going to be that difficult and expensive, but it will take some working around and creativity.

As for firmware, if you have the international version, then wait for XGIMI to post official firmwares on their website.  That would be the best and safest way.  Unless there is a known issue that everyone is getting then I wouldn't worry about anything.

rocklee
x0

Moderator Post time 2017-2-28 05:17:03 | Show all posts
JamesK replied at 2017-2-25 18:04
Unfortunately I also have the Chinese version, I didn't realise there was a difference! XGIMI, pleas ...

Why did you buy the Chinese version knowing that it was a model for the Chinese market where English isn't supported?

BTHELL15
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-2-12 18:33:03 | Show all posts
hello .I'm french ,  I bought my H1  in china because i'm living in shanghai .

The quality of the product is fantastic , congrat to the Xgimi teammates .

Anyway, I face on 3 issues ;
- is it possible to replace the chines H1 firmare  to english  (like Z4)? for all the expatriate like me it could simplify the user experience .
- i never found the solution to connect my i phone 6 plus with xgimi assistant (i can not see the icon in the projector firmware). i did multiples try with the xgimi  chines app and the english app.
-Since I updated the IOS 10.2.1 , Airplay does not work ..how to solve this issue?
Thanks for your help .
regards

Use magic Reply Support Not support Report

BTHELL15
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-2-14 19:49:53 | Show all posts
Hello . Anyone can help us ?

rocklee
x0

Moderator Post time 2017-2-18 08:35:43 | Show all posts
Hi,  I bought the international version and I am also very happy with it.

1. My advice would be go through the XGIMI forum in Chinese with a Chinese friend and look for how to change the firmware.

2. I'm not an iphone user so I wouldn't know how to download XGIMI app from the app store, but if it works just like the android version then it should be simple.  I downloaded the app from Google's play store (probably won't work in China) and operate over WIFI.  It should work, you just need to locate the H1's IP address on the network that you're using.

3. Again, not an Apple user so not sure what airplay is.

JamesK
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-2-25 18:04:16 | Show all posts
Unfortunately I also have the Chinese version, I didn't realise there was a difference! XGIMI, please release a way to update the Firmware to the International version! The support webpage just has the Firmware greyed out

refdaddy
x0

Lv2 Post time 2017-2-26 03:48:21 | Show all posts
Xgimi is adamant about enforcing the dividing line between domestic Chinese version and International version.

To understand their reasoning, just look at the artificial price difference of domestic vs international versions.
Bear in mind, the underlying hardware is identical, only difference is OS and language.

Latest price on jd.com for China H1 is RMB 5000 compared to 850 euros for International version.

JamesK
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-2-27 09:49:52 | Show all posts
refdaddy replied at 2017-2-26 03:48
Xgimi is adamant about enforcing the dividing line between domestic Chinese version and Internationa ...

Thanks for the reply Refdaddy, that is extremely disappointing, as I am an expat in China and only read the reviews online before buying my projector from Xiaomi. I guess it is clear since the Xgimi reps refuse to even comment on this thread they don't even want to come near this issue. I guess I just have to sell this projector and go for an Epson projector that I originally wanted.

rocklee
x0

Moderator Post time 2017-2-28 05:18:58 | Show all posts
refdaddy replied at 2017-2-26 03:48
Xgimi is adamant about enforcing the dividing line between domestic Chinese version and Internationa ...

Same story here in Japan, it cost more money to support international sales than it does for local ones.

JamesK
x0

Lv1 Post time 2017-2-28 07:52:43 | Show all posts
rocklee replied at 2017-2-28 05:17
Why did you buy the Chinese version knowing that it was a model for the Chinese market where Engli ...

This is the exact opposite of what I said, I read the reviews online and noticed I could buy it from the Xiaomi store. Being Android based it never occurred to me that there would be different versions which only changes the Firmware. This is an outdated region control practise and its extremely disappointing to see its being practice by XGIMI.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

© 2012-2015 xgimi.com XGIMI |Archiver|小黑屋 Email: service@xgimi.com